Sunday, January 9, 2011

Travel day


Our exit from the ship was completed almost an hour in advance of what it was supposed to be. A 20 min trip to the Amtrak station got us there in lots of time for the train to Orlando.

We are sitting in the Amtrak station waiting for the train to arrive. I thought it would be good to sit down and catch up on the blog. I have been going through the past posts and finishing off the last couple of days posts. I know that train stations have the reputation of not being particularly nice places. This one is actually very nice, it is clean the staff is friendly and even the clientele is much better than expected and I am not the only one working on the computer.

We have made several stops now and I think I have seen the ultimate accessory. The bungi spender, holds up all types of pants and is fully adjustable to any length by making a shoulder loop which doubles as a handle, or you can hang your umbrella on it, it is available in many solid colours and patters to suit all attire. But wait were not done yet, get yours now and you can get pre distressed hooks, not sold in stored but only through this special offer. Each side sold separately Just had to share that with you. Yet an other adventure in our travels. Wouldn't life be boring with out characters. I don't think Laura will let me come home if I get one or a pair.

We have been traveling now for 8.5 hours and are still not at the end. We have just stopped because their is a brush fire ahead, shouldn't be stopped too long I hope. shouldn't be more than a little over an hour. We will then have to find our way to the lodging oh joy, who's idea was this any way? The nice thing is the train has an outlet so I can power up the computer unfortunately their is no WIFI.

Just got unpacked and sat down to finish the posts of the week. What a treat the Internet actually works like it should. Our adventures will continue though tomorrow will probably be a quiet one.


1 comment:

  1. I trust you've reached your lodging by now? I sure hope so! Sounds like quite an adventure, just getting there from the ship!

    It's snowing at home presently. But not as much as it's been snowing in Atlanta! Weird!

    So, did you buy the towel creatures book? And how long will we have to wait for the dessert recipe?

    Hope you have a great time in Oh-lando. Don't forget...Jimmy's got a Margaritaville there!

    ReplyDelete