Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A day at sea

Today is a day at, sea so there is no gettin off the boat. We started by sleeping in and having a late breakfast, with lots of coffee. Surprising we were able to find a place with no one around to have eat instead of a rather crowded restaurant area, all we did was go up a flight of stairs in the dinning room to the fish and chip restaurant, I guess no one wants fish and chips for breakfast. We pretty much had it to our selves for almost an hour before any one else showed up.

I have to say, I now see how some people gain weight on these cruises. There is so much quantity and variety for types of food ranging from basic north american fare to Mongolian cuisine and pizza. The quantities are outrageous and it is all you can eat at multiple restaurants for one meal if you want, I have seen several that do that. Our favorite so far was the Mexican lunch in the Red Sail, it is mid ship on the 9th deck and close to all the action of sun burning.


Another thing we have noticed is the tanners or shall I say the burners, there are lots of them for sure. I look at it as though this is an oven with all these little loaves of bread that roll over every couple of hours and once all browned, they will go home for another year. Kind of reminds me of our trip to Republica Dominica a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment