Sunday, January 9, 2011

Last day of sailing

Firstly I would like to apologise for the gap in posts, the Internet on the ship is very marginal at best, and it certainly does not like to upload pictures to the blog, it is about a one in four success rate of getting the pics to the page. I purchased 90 minutes and I used them all up Saturday morning. It quite often took more than 8 min to download email. I considered purchasing more time but at $.75 a min I wasn't Happy (actually I was Grumpy), hey I am going to Disney World cut me some slack.

Today is the last day of sailing, tomorrow at 8am we will be in Miami and disembarking as they say. There is not much to look at off the ship except blue ocean (southern north Atlantic). It is very windy and rough and not quite as warm as one would think. There were a lot of people trying to sun bathe and there were a lot more people that were wearing long pants and hoodies.

It really hit us that today is the last day, there was a baggage mat on the bed and on top were baggage tags and customs forms, along with instructions on how and where to get off the ship.

We decided to go to the Emerald Steak house for our last dinner aboard tonight, we had been told by several that it was well worth the extra charge. Gosh I even put my blues and Ultra Suede on so they would let me in. Well it certainly was well worth it, they use specially wet aged beef, aged for an extra 20 or more days. The flavour and texture are far superb to your average or butcher shop beef. Laura had the Surf and Turf (4oz tenderloin and Maine lobsta) and I had the 8oz tenderloin, appetizer was escargot done five ways with a "real" Caesar salad. Desert....... yes we did. It was a 10 oz serving of cheesecake. Wow. Laura had a chocolate sampler, and although not a chocoholic reports that the chocolate ice cream and the tiramisu were both outstanding (and we have the recipe).

As we near port, feeling the need to find out what's been going on in the world,we turned on the TV and see that the weather across the south is cold with snow and ice! Oh my gosh, I hope the next few days in Florida stay reasonable. We aren't quite ready for winter yet.

Sunday is a travel day for us, disembark the ship, find the Amtrak station, travel 7 hours north to Orlando and settle into our new rooms for a week long visit to the mid Florida region.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you both had a great time cruising. I see you may have a couple of islands to visit in the future too.
    Enjoy DW and Orlando.

    ReplyDelete